The Professional Diploma in Banking Operations & Quality Services is designed to provide the foundation knowledge, insight and skills to all those who started or desirous to start jobs in the banking Industry. The course is taught by professionals for professionals and covers the practical knowledge related with State Bank of Pakistan’s regulations and banking operations prevalent in the country. It not only covers the key banking operations but also provide the tools and techniques of Service Quality and Quality Assurance in banks.
- To provide in-depth knowledge of banking operations and Service Quality with practical aspects containing certain SBP’s rules and regulations as applicable in Pakistani banking sector.
- To develop the participants to start career in the banking sector institutions working nationally or internationally.
- To enhance participants’ professional knowledge in the modern techniques of Service Quality Tools applicable in banking sector.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this professional diploma, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the core business operations and their contemporary practices in Pakistan
2. Understand and related the current practices with State Bank of Pakistan’s regulations
3. Understand what are the most common weaknesses and malpractice to avoid in banking operations
4. Get insight on the success and failure of banks with respect to services quality related issues and how to build effective quality assurance and improvement programs in banks.
Awad of Diploma
Qualified participants will be will be awarded The Professional Diploma after the completion of the four months’
programs, assignments, passing the final exam and presentation of final project. Minimum 60% marks are required for the award of Diploma.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/ institute in any discipline
A team of highly qualified professionals will be the course instructors
The course will be held on every Sunday for six hours for 4-months.
Module 1: Financial System in Pakistan
- Developments in Financial System
- Financial Sector Reforms
- Structure of Financial markets in Pakistan
- Commercial Banks and their Functions
- SBP Functions
Module 2: Rules and Regulations
- SECP and NBFCs Regulations
- Various Pakistani Laws related to the Financial System
Module 3: Banking in its Perspective
- Evolution and current face of banks/specialized Financial Institutions
- Current banking practices in Pakistan
- Advancements in Operational Banking
Module 4: Commercial Lending
- Exposure in the eye of SBP, Borrowers and pricing of Loan
- Credit Initiation
- Credit Investigation
- Security / Collateral
- Management of Problem Loans
Module 5: Islamic Banking and Finance
- Islamic Financial System in Pakistan
- Islamic Business Ethics & Islamic Economic Order
- Riba, Islamic Law of Contract
- Islamic Banking Products and Comparison with conventional Banks
Module 6: Trade Finance and Services
- Foreign Trade, Procedures and Practices
- Inciters, Shipping Documents and Insurance
- Trade Based Money Laundering, Risk Mitigation
- Concept of Islamic Trade Finance
- Trade & Supply Chain Financing
Module 7: Quality Management in Banking
- Measuring and Managing Service Quality and KPIs
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Lean Management Practices in Banks
- Quality Management Analytics