This Course Provides a Foundation in the Field of Process Safety Implementation & Risks Management Profession. Its methods are new, catering for the practical needs of working professionals. A team of top class reputable experts, practitioners, and academicians are course tutors and facilitators. The focus is on extensive practical experiential learning and management skills development.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Through Understanding of Process Safety
- Industrial Examples & Case Studies
- Get yourself familiarized by International Standards
- Trained by experienced Oil & Gas Industry Experts
- Improvement of Technical & Managerial Skills
- Process Safety & Risks Management Improvement
- Course is Valid for Pakistan Engineering Council Continuing Professional Development Registration
Graduation in any field
Award of Certification
Qualified participants will be awarded a Certificate upon completion of course material, as well as qualifying the exam and the assigned project.
Module-1 : Process Safety
- PSM Requirement
- PSM Implementation
Module-2: Process Safety Risks Perception
- Process Hazards
- Classification of Chemical Hazards
- Understanding of Exposures Limits
- Chemical Exposures Mechanisms
- Hazard Communication – ISO- Standards
- Hazcom Requirement – NFPA and OSHA
Module-3: PSM Risks Assessment Techniques
- Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Assessment .
- Selection of Risk Assessment Techniques
- What If Analysis, HAZOP & FMEA-EXAMPLES
Module-4: Fire Load and Fire Risks Assessment
- Fire Load & Risks Assessment Buildings & Warehouses.
- Fire Load & Risks Assessment Chemical & Hydrocarbon Storage.
Module-5: International Standards for Fire Safety
- Introduction to NFPA- Standards
- Active & Passive Fire Prevention
- Fire Fighting Design for Building Facility.
- Fire Fighting Design for Chemical & HC Storage
The participants are required to work on real life projects on selected topics and tools, preferably from the organizations, where they are working. The projects will be of a practical nature and should be completed within the stipulated time frames. A project report will be submitted in accordance with the laid down criteria, format and coverage
The faculty is derived from a pool of qualified practitioners and academicians with sound track record and expertise in the field
Course material, class notes and slides will be provided by trainers in hard form.
This is a professional course and will involve a number of higher level teaching methodologies. The course is spread over three months to allow inter-session study. In this respect participants will have to carry out timely study, investigations, and assignments to grip the subject. Discussions in the class are focused on the key points, create critical thinking, share experiences of fellow professionals and build professional maturity
Duration: 03 Months
Venue: Starting May 03, 2017 at PIQC Training Centre, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi.
Course Instructor: Qualified and Experienced Practitioners and Academicians