Prof. Dr. Abdul Raouf
Category: Education Quality
Source: EQ 2003 – Pakistan 1st National Conference on Quality Assurance in Education, Lahore
Publisher: PIQC Institute of Quality
Prof. Dr. Abdul Raouf has over forty (40) years’ academic experience to his credit. During this period he was actively engaged in undergraduate and graduate teaching, supervising graduate students and industrial consulting work. Out of this period for more than two decades he was at University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada and was Head of Industrial Engineering Department for seven years. During this period he supervised 28 graduate students. He was Rector Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology from 1994-2000 before that he was at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia as Professor Systems Engineering Department for ten years. Currently he is an Adjunct Professor at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals. Based on his professional achievements and professional standing, he was appointed as “Editor-in-Chief”, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering. This is an International Journal, published by MCB University Press. It has recently won “Anbar Award” for original papers.
He is member of the Editorial Boards of the following Journals:
- International Journal of Operation and Production Management
- International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management
- Kybernetics: The International Journal of Systems and Cybernetics
- International Journal of Health Care and Quality Assurance
- International Journal of Plant Engineering and Management
- International Journal of Industrial Engineering (Applications and Practices)
- International Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Islamic Studies, The International Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University, Islamabad.
- Proceedings of Pakistan Academy of Sciences.
He has to his credit, the following books:
- “Flexible Manufacturing, Recent Development in FMS, Robotics, CAD/CAM, CIM” Raouf, A. and Ahmad, S.I., Editors, Elsevier 1985.
- Safety Assessment: A Qualitative Approach, Raouf, A. & Dhillon, B.S., Lewis (1993).
- Flexible Manufacturing, Recent Development, Raouf, A. and Ben Daya, M., Elsevier (1994).
- Planning and Control of Maintenance Systems, Duffuaa, S.O., Raouf, A. & Campbell, J.D., John Wiley (1998).
- Maintenance Modeling & Optimization: The State-of-the-Art, Ben-Daya Mohamed, Duffuaa, S.O., & Raouf, A., Kluwer (2000).
He is fellow member of:
- Pakistan Academy of Sciences, Islamabad.
- Executive Committee of the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Government of Pakistan (1994-2001).
- Vice Chancellors Committee of Engineering Universities / Institutions constituted by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Government of Pakistan (1994-2001).
- Pakistan Council for Science and Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of Pakistan.
- The Syndicate of the University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila being Eminent Educationist.
- Committee on Curriculum Reforms, Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan.
- Board of Governors of the Foundation University, Islamabad.